Handling of Personal Information by Knowledge Capital Association
We aim to build trust with our customers by providing high quality services satisfying the various requirements of customers. For this purpose, we acquire the Personal Information of customers in a lawful and fair manner and appropriately use, manage, and protect the said Personal Information as our very important information assets in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. This document discloses the purposes of use in our handling of Personal Information and explains the manner of handling Personal Information.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We use the Personal Information of customers we hold for any of the following purposes (We will not use the Personal Information of customers beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the following without consent of the Individual concerned):
- To respond to customers in an appropriate manner in handling applications from customers, making proposals to customers, and otherwise negotiating with customers in relation to businesses, such as the exhibition and rental space services; management of membership salons; catering and sale of goods; rental office services; consultancy on planning and design of showrooms and premises; support services for research and development by companies; arrangement services for business association between companies; prize and award presentation services; planning, production, execution, and advertising of events; agency services concerning public relations, advertisements, and marketing; and management consultancy for various businesses,
- To facilitate our appropriate administration of contracts with customers, and to appropriately handle the necessary administration, such as the response to inquiries or requirements of laws and ordinances, after the termination of such contracts
- To send our corporate profile; various information bulletins; and the advertisements of events, products, and services by direct mail, e-mail, and telephone, etc.
- To handle subscription registration for e-mail newsletters that we distribute and communications relating to registered information, to administer the registered information, and to carry out questionnaire surveys among customers
- To use for marketing analysis in order to provide better products and services and thereby attain a higher level of customer satisfaction
- To carry out various administrative tasks that are necessary for the management of our business
If we are to use the Personal Information for any purpose other than the above, we will clarify the purpose of such use and obtain advance consent of the individual concerned.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The following Personal Information items of customers' personal data that we hold are jointly used with the following joint user for the purposes of use set forth below.
- Personal Information subject to Joint Use
Particulars registered at the time of various applications. Items that are within the scope necessary for the purposes of use set forth below, such as the name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Joint User
- Purposes of Use
- To send advertisements of events and businesses that we run or to provide various information
- To carry out introduction and matching service for Knowledge Salon members
- To appropriately respond to inquiries and complaints, etc., from customers
- Any other purposes similar to or closely related to the foregoing
- Responsible Administrator
The business operator responsible for the management of personal data in relation to the joint use for the above purposes is Knowledge Capital Association.
Provision of Personal Data to Third Party
We do not disclose or provide the customers' personal data we hold to a third party without the consent of the customer concerned. However, the personal data may be disclosed or provided to a third party without the consent of the customer concerned in any of the following circumstances:
- If such disclosure or provision is pursuant to the provision of any law or ordinance
- If such disclosure or provision is necessary for the protection of human life, bodily safety, or assets (including corporate assets) and if the consent of the customer concerned is difficult to obtain
- If such disclosure or provision is especially necessary for the improvement of public health and promotion of healthy growth of children and consent of the customer concerned is difficult to be obtained
- If such disclosure or provision is necessary in cooperating with tasks prescribed in the provisions of laws and ordinances that are carried out by a government agency or local government, or a party commissioned by any of them, and if the obtaining of consent from the customer concerned is likely to interfere with the execution of the said tasks.
Acquisition of Personal Information
We acquire the Personal Information in a lawful and fair manner by (1) directly obtaining from the individual concerned within the scope of purposes of use expressly stated on our official website or in documents, or (2) indirectly obtaining within the scope permitted under laws and ordinances from our business associates and outsourced contractors the information that they have lawfully acquired.
Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
We recognize that it is important for us to familiarize all our officers with the laws and ordinances concerning handling of Personal Information and other related codes and have them comply with the said laws and ordinances in order to protect the Personal Information and attain safety thereof, which we endeavor to ensure strictly.
Protection and Management of Personal Data
We manage the personal data of customers appropriately and exercise utmost caution to prevent leakage by adopting internal manuals. Furthermore, we implement an appropriate and reasonable level of safety measures against unauthorized external access, loss, destruction, and falsification of personal data.
Outsourcing of Handling of Personal Data
We may outsource the handling of personal data in whole or in part in the course of outsourcing of our business operations for the provision of better services that we may execute from time to time. In selecting outsourced contractors, we establish standards as to whether a contractor appropriately handles the management of personal data, maintenance of confidentiality, restriction on sub-contracting, and prevention of leakage concerning personal data of customers based on which we evaluate prospective contractors and select and administer outsourced contractors
(Examples of Contractors)
The examples of outsourced companies include
construction companies, design companies, management companies, interior finishing companies, outsourced event management companies, and outsourced facility management companies, etc., in relation to our development and management business;
property leasing companies and property management companies, etc., in relation to our rental and leasing business.
Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension of Use, etc., of Personal Data that we hold
- Disclosure of Personal Data that We Hold
You may request us to disclose the personal data that we hold concerning yourself. We respond to a request for disclose of personal data from the customer concerned without delay in accordance with the provisions of laws and ordinances.
- Correction, etc., of Personal Data
If there is any defect in the disclosed personal data that we hold, the customer concerned may request us to make a correction, addition, or deletion (a "Correction, etc.") thereof. We respond to a request for Correction, etc., of personal data from the customer concerned without delay in accordance with the provisions of laws and ordinances.
- Suspension of Use, etc., of Personal Data
When we receive a request for suspension of use, deletion, and suspension of provision to third parties of personal data we hold (a "Suspension of Use, etc.") from the customer concerned for any of the following reasons, we respond to the said request without delay pursuant to the provisions of laws and ordinances if the said request is found out to have a justifiable reason.
- That we are using the personal data of the customer concerned that we hold for an unintended purpose
- That the personal data of the customer concerned that we hold has not been acquired in an appropriate and lawful manner
- That the personal data of the customer concerned that we hold is used in breach of the above Provision of Personal Data to a Third Party
When we receive a request for disclosure, Correction, etc., or Suspension of Use, etc. of personal data from you, we verify your identification and ask you to follow our prescribed procedures. You may also be asked to pay administrative fees for this. For prescribed procedures and administrative fees, please contact the Contact Point for Inquiries on Personal Information.
We do not assume any responsibility for protection of privacy on the websites of other companies the links to which are posted on our website for provision of useful information to customers. Please confirm privacy policies on each of such linked websites.
Contact Point for Inquiries on Personal Information
Contact Point for Inquiries on Personal Information, Knowledge Capital Association
Office hours: 10:00–16:00 (Mondays to Fridays excluding national holidays,
and the year-and and year holidays),