International Video Content Category Outline
Judging will be performed separately for the Japan Category and the International Category.
Announcement of Winning Entries
The winning entries and names of the creators will be announced on ISCA2016
(INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE AWARD 2016) website in the middle of October 2016.
Award Ceremony & Screening
Wednesday November 9, 2016 and Thursday November 10, 2016
EVENT Lab. At Knowledge Capital OSAKA B1F
Wednesday November 9, 2016
A reception for the winning entry creators, judges, and other persons involved will be held.
All of the winning entry creators will be requested to attend.
||¥300,000 and a trophy
||¥100,000 and a trophy
||Miscellaneous prizes and a trophy
In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules.
Submitted entries should be free of any 3rd party claims or objections regarding the uses of the entries. The entrant creator(s) must accept full responsibility for any infringement of rights or compensation for damages from other parties, and the sponsor and its associates can in no way be held liable. These provisions apply to the total content used in the entry, including video images, voices, music, photographs, designs, etc.
Any entry that infringes on the rights of a 3rd party or for which consent to the uses of the entries cannot be obtained may be excluded from the contest. In addition, if it is subsequently discovered that consent for the uses of the entries cannot be obtained for a winning entry, the sponsor reserves the right to nullify selection as a winner and require repayment of the prize awarded.
Submitted entries will not be returned. While care will be exercised in the handling and storage of the submitted entries, the sponsor will not be held liable for any damage resulting from unforeseen circumstances, etc. (When submitting an entry, it is recommended that the entrant creator(s) keep a copy in the unlikely event the entry is lost or damaged.)
- Although it is permitted to submit an entry that will be submitted or has already been submitted to another contest or event, the entrant creator(s) must consent to the uses of the entries and there must be no conflict regarding multiple submission of the entry.(Provide detailed information on any multiple submissions, including the name of the other contest(s), dates held, and the results announced.)
- The sponsor will be authorized to use winning entries as follows;
- Winning entries will be shown at a screening hosted by Knowledge Capital.
→The creators of the winning entries will be invited to the screening.
- Winning entries will be shown on signage within Grand Front Osaka http://kc-i.jp/en/
- Winning entries will be shown or introduced at the sponsor’s various facilities and events.
- Anthology DVD (One DVD for use as teaching materials will be provided free of charge to each school submitting an entry.)
- Winning entries will be shown on ISCA2016(INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE AWARD 2016) official website.
- Winning entries will be used as advertising in the sponsor’s broadcasts, for distribution purposes, screenings, printed materials, etc., and also for announcement of next year’s contest.
- Regarding the above use of the entries, portions of the entries may be captured and edited for use as still images or as a digest version.
- Any use of entries other than described above will be confirmed beforehand with the creators.
- Requests Regarding Copyrights
Submitted entries must be original works and must not infringe on any copyrights, likeness rights, trademark rights or personal privacy rights, or violate the rules of public order and standard decency.
Regarding music, original songs or music should be used as much as possible. When using existing music (including free materials), it is important that there is no possibility of infringement that would hinder the uses of the entries.
If existing music is performed or arranged by the entrant creator(s) or other persons, consent to the uses of the entries must be provided.
When using existing music, images, or other material (including free materials) to which a 3rd party possesses rights, that must be clearly stated on the Entry Description Sheet, with a copy of the 3rd party’s consent form attached.
Entry Requirements and Production Period
- The contest is open to university, graduate school, junior college, and vocational college students. Entries must be submitted representing a school. Students may be of any nationality.
- The period for producing entries is from January 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016. Students graduating in 2016 are also eligible, but the entry must have been produced while the students were still enrolled in school.
*For details on the entry submission procedures.
Film, animation, computer graphics, or other moving image content
||Max. 20 min. per entry
・The title and name(s) of the creator(s) must be inserted at the start of the video.
・Entries must be submitted in a format playable using a standard viewer (mp3, mp4, wmv, mov, etc.).
※Must be received no later than August 31, 2016 (Wednesday)
<Entry Submission Procedure>
- On the entry form enter your name, the name of your school, your year in school, age, details about your entry, and other information.
- Click “Movie File” to upload your entry.
- Uploading has finished when the “Upload Completed” screen appears.
Address for Submission of Entries and Enquiries
Organizing Office of ISCA2016 (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE AWARD 2016) Sponsored by Knowledge Capital Association
ISCA2016 (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE AWARD2016) Office
Within the offices of Superstation, Inc.)
Chika HONGO(Ms.) / Hiromi NISHIKAWA(Ms.)
Mitsui Bussan Bldg.
2-3-33 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-0005, Japan
- Please refrain from making inquiries regarding the judging.
- All personal information obtained through entry submission will be handled in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. No personal information obtained will be used for any purpose other than matters relating to the holding of the ISCA2016(INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE AWARD2016).