|Cynthia beth Rubin / Chair, ACM-SIGGRAPH Didital Art Committee Rhode Island School of Design|
|Pat Lee / Creative Director of SECRET LAB Ltd.|
|Gerfried Stocker / Artistic Director of Ars Electronica|
|Video Content Category|
|Grand Prize||1 awarded||¥300,000 and a commemorative plaque|
|1st Prize||2 awarded||¥100,000 and a commemorative plaque|
|2nd Prize||3 awarded||Miscellaneous prizes and a commemorative plaque|
|Registration Form submission||Must be received no later than August 19, 2014 (Tue.)|
|Entry submission||Must be received no later than September16, 2014 (Tue.)|
※Must be received no later than September 16, 2014 (Tuesday)
|Video Content Category|
> Film, animation, computer graphics, or other moving image content
|Length||Max. 20 min. per entry|
|Maximum number of entries||Up to 5 entries per teacher in charge (max. 60 min. total length for all entries)|
- The title and name(s) of the creator(s) must be inserted at the start of the video. After editing, all entries for a school must be submitted at the same time by the teacher in charge.
- Entries must be submitted on DVD.
Submission of individual entries will not be accepted.
|Showing of the Entries|
1. Winning entries will be shown at a screening hosted by Knowledge Capital.
> The creators of the winning entries will be invited to the screening.
2. Winning entries will be shown on signage within Grand Front Osaka http://kc-i.jp/en/
3. Entries Winning entries will be shown or introduced at the sponsor’s various facilities and events.
|4. Anthology DVD (One DVD for use as teaching materials will be provided free of charge to each school submitting an entry.)|
5. Winning entries will be shown on INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE Award 2014 official website.
6. Winning entries will be shown on Knowledge Channel (scheduled to start in 2015).
7. Winning entries will be provided to other distribution channels authorized by the sponsor.
|Advertising & Public Relations Use|
|8. Winning entries will be used as advertising in the sponsor’s broadcasts, for distribution purposes, screenings, printed materials, etc., and also for announcement of next year’s contest.|
> Regarding the above use of the entries, portions of the entries may be captured and edited for use as still images or as a digest version.
> Any use of entries other than described above will be confirmed beforehand with the creator(s).
■ By submitting an entry, entrants agree to the following entry rules.
■ Although it is permitted to submit an entry that will be submitted or has already been submitted to another contest or event, the entrant creator(s) must consent to the uses of the entry described on page 3 and there must be no conflict regarding multiple submission of the entry.
(Provide detailed information on any multiple submissions, including the name of the other contest(s), dates held, and the results announced.)
■ The sponsor will be authorized to use submitted entries as described on page 3 with no liability for remuneration.
■ Submitted entries should be free of any 3rd party claims or objections regarding the uses described on page 3. The entrant creator(s) must accept full responsibility for any infringement of rights or compensation for damages from other parties, and the sponsor and its associates can in no way be held liable. These provisions apply to the total content used in the entry, including video images, voices, music, photographs, designs, etc.
■ Any entry that infringes on the rights of a 3rd party or for which consent for the uses described on page 3 cannot be obtained may be excluded from the contest. In addition, if it is subsequently discovered that consent for the uses described on page 3 cannot be obtained for a winning entry, the sponsor reserves the right to nullify selection as a winner and require repayment of the prize awarded.
■ Submitted entries will not be returned. While care will be exercised in the handling and storage of the submitted entries, the sponsor will not be held liable for any damage resulting from unforeseen circumstances, etc. (When submitting an entry, it is recommended that the entrant creator(s) keep a copy in the unlikely event the entry is lost or damaged.)
1. Submitted entries must be original works and must not infringe on any copyrights, likeness rights, trademark rights or personal privacy rights, or violate the rules of public order and standard decency.
2. Regarding music, original songs or music should be used as much as possible. When using existing music (including free materials), it is important that there is no possibility of infringement that would hinder the uses of the entries described on page 3.
3. If existing music is performed or arranged by the entrant creator(s) or other persons, consent to the uses of the entries described on page 3 must be provided.
4. When using existing music, images, or other material (including free materials) to which a 3rd party possesses rights, that must be clearly stated on the Entry Description Sheet, with a copy of the 3rd party’s consent form attached.
5. The use of existing music, images, or other material could result in fees being required for the uses of the entries described on page 3. If this occurs, the entrant creator(s) will be responsible for the payment of such fees.
1. Complete the enclosed Registration Form and submit it by fax (+81-6-6229-1802) or e-mail. Only entries from schools that have submitted a Registration Form will be eligible for judging.
2. Complete the enclosed School Entry Form, Student Entry Form, and Entry Description Sheet and send them to INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE Award 2014 Organizing Office together with the entry.
- Complete a School Entry Form for each category entered.
- Complete a Student Entry Form and Entry Description Sheet for each entry submitted.
- All entries should be edited and sent together on a single DVD disc.
All entries submitted from a school should be submitted at the same time by the teacher in charge.
Shipping costs for entries are the responsibility of the school or entrants creator(s).
Organizing Office of INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CREATIVE Award 2014
Mitsui Bussan Bldg. 2-3-33 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-0005, Japan
Tel: +81-6-6229-1801 Fax: +81-6-6229-1802
Business hours: 10：00～18：00
> Please refrain from contacting the contest judges.