Our data protection policy: How we handle the Personal Information at Knowledge Capital Association?
In order to build trust relationship with our customers by providing high quality services satisfying the various requirements, we would like you to find this personal data protection policy when you are the provider of the personal data to the Knowledge Capital Association.
In order to appropriately use, manage and protect all acquired personal data from customers in a lawful and fair manner as our very important information assets in accordance with applicable data protection laws, regulations and other rules, this policy document aims to show you how we handle the personal data generally and provide you supplemental information to what we will provide when we obtain your individual consent.
Who we are?
Knowledge Capital Association is a private, non-profit institution, having a space known as “Knowledge Capital” which is a core premise at the Grand Front Osaka and offers a diverse array of services such as running of directly managing premises, shops and membership salons at Knowledge Capital, office rent business, events and award business, advertising and promotion activities as well as empowering wide range of external partnerships for the public interest.
- Our team can be contacted at:
- Tel +81-6-6372-6427
- Fax +81-6-6359-2970
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
i. Why we obtain your personal information?
We basically need your personal data for any of the following purposes upon your consent unless otherwise specified; provided that we have no intent to use your personal data beyond the specified purpose without further consent or any other safeguard:
- To handle your applications that you submitted;
- To make you our proposals about the exhibition and/or rental space services or any other related service;
- To manage our membership salons;
- To cater and to sell goods;
- To rent office;
- To give you our consultancy on planning and design of showrooms and premises;
- To provide with supportive services for research and development of the companies;
- To coordinate between companies;
- To provide prize and award presentation services;
- To plan, produce, execute, and advertise events;
- To provide agency services concerning public relations, advertisements, and marketing;
- To provide consultancy service for various businesses;
- To administrate contracts with customers;
- To administrate our office generally such to reply to your inquiries or to fill legal sanitary and health requirements;
- To treat past contractual relationship especially after the termination of such contracts; The legal basis for such processing is contract.
- To send you our corporate profile; various information bulletins; and the advertisements of events, products, and services by various medium such as direct mail, e-mail, and telephone, etc.
- To handle your subscription registration for e-mail newsletters and communications relating to registered information;
- To administer the subscribers;
- To carry out questionnaire surveys among customers;
- To use for marketing analysis in order to provide better products and services and thereby attain a higher level of customer satisfaction; The legal basis for such processing is contract when there is a contract. When there is no interest, the legal basis is our legitimate interest to provide better service for the pre-existing customers.
Please note that the list of these purposes may be added and/or updated later.
ii. Joint Use of Personal Information
Please understand that your personal data will be held are jointly used with the following joint user for the following purposes:
- Categories of personal data:
For the event and business applications, applicants’ name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Joint User
- Purposes of Use
- To send advertisements and related information of the relevant event and business;
- To carry out introduction and matching service for Knowledge Salon members;
- To respond to your inquiries and complaints, etc.
- To do anything similar to or closely related to the foregoing
- Responsible Administrator
Knowledge Capital Association.
iii. Provision of Personal Data to Third Party
We have no intent to disclose or provide your personal data to any third party without you consent except for the following circumstances:
- To comply with applicable laws, court orders or other valid legal processes;
- To protect and defend our rights, assets and properties, including to protect against your or any third party’s misuse or unauthorized use of our services
- When it is necessary to protect your, third party’s or public safety, asset and/or property.
iv. How we acquire your personal data?
We have two sources of your personal data: (1) from you directly, or (2) from our business associates and outsourced contractors from whom we lawfully acquired.
v. Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
We recognize the importance to comply with and familiarize all our officers with the applicable laws, regulations and ordinances to respect the rights to the personal data of the data subject, which we endeavor to ensure strictly.
vi. Protection and Management of Personal Data
For the respect to the right to the personal data, we manage it appropriately and exercise utmost caution to prevent leakage by adopting internal manuals. Furthermore, please feel safe since we have implemented an appropriate and reasonable level of safety measures against unauthorized external access, loss, destruction, and falsification of personal data and endeavor to improve it continuously.
vii. Outsourcing of Handling of Personal Data
Please be informed that from time to time, we may outsource the processing of personal data in whole or in part, in order to provide you with better services. In selecting outsourced contractors, we establish strict standards so that we choose only a contractor who appropriately handles personal data, maintains confidentiality, respects all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances, performs the processing by itself without sub-contracting, and has sufficient preventive measures against leakage of personal data.
(Examples of Contractors)
The examples of outsourced companies include
construction companies, design companies, management companies, interior finishing companies, outsourced event management companies, and outsourced facility management companies, etc., in relation to our development and management business;
property leasing companies and property management companies, etc., in relation to our rental and leasing business.
viii. Data retention period
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- When we obtain your personal data for the communication purposes:
Indefinite (Personal Data will be kept for as long as you do not withdraw your consent);
- When we obtain your personal data for the event booking: for 5 years after the event;
- When we obtain your personal data for our service for the information, enquiries and other services: for 5 years, unless you withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data earlier;
We will retain your personal data in accordance with applicable legal requirements, and only for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this policy or as long as required by law or to defend potential legal claims.
ix. Your Rights
You have the right to withdraw your consent you agree us about your personal data at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Moreover, to the extent required by applicable law and subject to legal limitations, you have the right:
- to have access to your personal data;
- to have inaccurate data corrected or removed,
- to object to the processing of your personal data;
- to restrict our use of your personal data;
- to erase your personal data;
- to receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to “data portability”); and
- to lodge a complaint with their local data protection authority
In particular, we are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concerns about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
If you have any questions or wishes in connection with your personal data or you want to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Company name Knowledge Capital Association
Address Tower B 11 Foor., Grand Front Osaka, 3-1 Ofuka-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0011, Japan
We do not assume any responsibility for protection of privacy on the websites of other companies the links to which are posted on our website for provision of useful information to customers. Please confirm privacy policies on each of such linked websites.
xii. Notice updates
Please be informed that we will revise this policy each time there is any material change such as the way in which we collect or use personal data, the category of personal data we collect or any other aspect about the personal data and if we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the website.
Last updated on 9, August, 2018